OAKLAND — Tuesday afternoon prosecutor Melissa Krum rested her triple murder case against Yusuf Bey IV and co-defendant Antoine Mackey in the Chauncey Bailey murder trial after nearly six weeks of testimony and more than 60 witnesses.
OAKLAND — Jurors in the Chauncey Bailey murder trail heard police recordings Tuesday morning in which former Your Black Muslim Bakery leader Yusuf Bey IV said several times that Bailey, a newspaper reporter, had “slandered” the business and his late father. Those recordings were played as prosecutor Melissa Krum prepared to rest her triple murder case against Bey IV and co-defendant Antoine Mackey sometime this afternoon after five weeks of testimony.
Did Yusuf Bey’s alleged molestation of a young boy lead to murder 22 years ago?
By Dan Noyes, Chauncey Bailey Project
A look at the people, four who alleged they were sexually assaulted as adolescents, involved in civil cases against Your Black Muslim Bakery founder Yusuf Ali Bey.
More in this category:
- A chronology of abuse
- Women, Part II: Testimony reveals a life of abuse, toil for women of Your Black Muslim Bakery
- Fear kept Yusuf Bey abuse victims from seeking any help
- Reports to authorities of abuse
- Women, Part I: One police officer cracked abuse case against Yusuf Bey
- County settles sex-abuse lawsuit implicating Bey